Finding your way in the IPS standards is not always easy. Implementation guidance is available to help you structure your IPS data conformant to the standard and the technology used to implement it.
In implementation, it is always good practice to start at the source standard of the IPS:
- The ISO 27269 data model standard, which defines the meaning of each of the sections of the IPS
Implementation Guidance for the IPS is available from a number of sources:
- The CEN TS 17288 provides guidance on the implementation within Europe
- The HL7 CDA IPS Implementation Guide provides the specification on how to implement the IPS in the HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA)
- The HL7 FHIR IPS Implementation Guide provides the specification on how to implement the IPS in the HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
- The IHE IPS Profile refers to both HL7 Implementation Guides and provides the basis for actual testing of an IPS interface to be provided by clinical information systems.
- In addition you may use IHE Document Sharing as a method of publication, discovery, and retrieval of the IPS.
IHE IPS Profile
The IPS Profile is the latest in a series of artifacts developed by a collaboration of standards development organizations (SDOs)...Read More
SNOMED CT IPS Free Set
In 2019, SNOMED International and HL7 International announced the formalization of a license agreement in which a relevant "Free for...Read More
HL7 CDA Implementation Guide
The Implementation Guide for the International Patient Summary based on HL7’s Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) was the one of the...Read More
HL7 FHIR IG
HL7 FHIR Implementation of the International Patient Summary The Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR, pronounced liked “fire”) standard defines how...Read More
TS 17288: 2019. IPS Implementation Guidance for Europe CEN/TC 251’s second deliverable was a technical specification that was published in...Read More
ISO 27269:2021 - The International Patient Summary Standard CEN TC 251 members agreed that EN 17269 should be fast tracked into...Read More
The IPS Data Model (EN 17269: 2019) The IPS Standard, EN 17269 , was published by CEN in 2019. Immediately...Read More